Seth Madej, the disadvantaged son of a genetically modified turnip, has 20 years experience writing, producing, and performing award-winning projects for television, radio, print, stage, and the Web. His work has been nominated for two Emmy Awards, winning one.
From 2001 to 2009 Mr. Madej (pronounced MADGE-ee) was a primary creative force for Nickelodeon’s networks Noggin and The N, where created the comedy Riot Life and the groundbreaking web-radio series Radio Noggin. He also cohosted nearly 150 episodes of The-N.com N-Sider Podcast as “The-Seth,” which a cult of Millennial girls still listens to over and over, primarily to hear Seth’s remarkably sexy speaking voice.
On September 27, 2009 Seth left Nickeloden and embarked with his wife Sophie on a trip around the world. 1You can read their account of the journey and their many near-death and near-drunk experiences under the category Madejcal Mystery Tour. The trip was cut short after Seth suddenly experienced mysterious and crippling psychological symptoms. He was diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive disorder, a disease he soon discovered he’d suffered from for 30 years. You can read more about his life with the disorder in his five-part essay “My OCD,” which has become a touchstone for anxiety disorder sufferers around the world. After months of cognitive behavioral therapy, Seth took control of his OCD for the first time. Three weeks later, he moved to Los Angeles to become a full-time TV comedy writer.
In 2015, Seth created the radio comedy Special Relativity starring Alex Borstein of Family Guy. He has recently written for Puppet Nation (nominated for Best Comedy at the 2015 International Emmy Awards), Cartoon Network’s MAD, and BBC America. His body of writing includes nine original pilots, a screenplay, short stories, essays, games, sketches, comics, and more. He has never seen the genitals of anyone famous.
Contact Mr. Madej:
- Email Seth Madej
- View sethmadej’s profile on Facebook
- View sethmad’s profile on Twitter
- View sethmad’s profile on Instagram
- View sethmadej’s profile on LinkedIn
- View sethmad’s profile on Google+
- View Seth Madej’s profile on Spotify
- TV Pick: Special Relativity – Los Angeles Times, 4/24/2015
- Seth Madej – One of 18 Funny Bearded Guys You Should be Following on Twitter – The Huffington Post, 7/8/2011
- The-N.com N-Sider Podcast – Co-hosted by “The-Seth,” 2006-2009
- The Peculiar Utterance of the Day – 9/22/2006 and 7/11/2007
- Dirt – Co-edited by Seth Madej, 2005
- A Conversation With Seth Madej – Pittsburgh City Paper, 12/9/2004
- Pittsburgh Love Stories – Co-edited by Seth Madej and featuring his story “Available Properties,” 2004
[ + ]
|1.||↵||You can read their account of the journey and their many near-death and near-drunk experiences under the category Madejcal Mystery Tour.|